Filmed on location in the Holy Land, No Greater Love is a five-part video series and full-length book that reveals Christ’s amazing love for us. Best-selling author Edward Sri guides you through the last hours of Christ’s life in this biblical pilgrimage. While taking this study or reading this book, you will walk step-by-step with Jesus from the Garden of Gethsemane to the Mount of Calvary. Every step of the way, biblical experts reveal how Old Testament prophecies, messianic expectations, biblical symbolism, and historical context shed light on the mystery of Christ’s suffering and death. With these insights, Catholics can come to a deeper understanding and appreciation of God’s immeasurable and unconditional love—drawing closer to Jesus than ever have before. Authored and presented by Edward Sri, No Greater Love also features Fr. Mike Schmitz, Jeff Cavins, Jennifer Fulwiler, Curtis Martin, Teresa Tomeo, Fr. Josh Johnson, and Elizabeth Sri.
In this study, Catholics discover…
– The Biblical background to each scene in Christ’s passion.
– What was Jesus going through at each moment?
– How did the Old Testament foretell of Christ’s death?
– Why did Christ die for us? What did it accomplish?
– What was the meaning behind of the tearing of the temple veil, the crowning with thorns, and other events during Christ’s Passion?
Edward Sri also unpacks commonly misunderstood sayings of Jesus, such as…
– “Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass?”—Was Jesus thinking of backing out at the last minute?
– “My God, my God why have you abandoned me?”—Was Jesus really abandoned by the Father on the cross?
– “You have said so.”—What does that mean?
Most of all, Catholics who take this study will encounter God’s love to the fullest. Pope Benedict XVI invites us to think of the Passion, not just as suffering, but also as the passion of a lover. For in the cross, we see God fully revealed as “a lover with all the passion of a true love”. Jesus doesn’t want our applause. He wants our hearts. Are you ready to draw closer to Jesus in his passion than you ever have before?
Tuesday Evenings in the Spirit Center
From 6.30 – 8.00 pm
Tuesday, 18 February 2020
Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Tuesday, 3 March 2020
Tuesday, 24 March 2020
Tuesday, 31 March 2020
Workbook Cost: $28.00
Registration Due to Parish Office by Noon on Monday, 3 February 2020