Infant or Young Child Baptism
O God, who bring us to participate in the mystery of the Passion and Resurrection of your Son, grant, we pray, that, strengthened by the spirit of adoption as your children, we may always walk in newness of life. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Sacramental Preparation for Baptism
Celebration of Baptism at our Parish Church
A family must be registered and active in our parish for their child to be baptized. Baptisms are typically scheduled for the second Sunday of every month during the 11:15 Mass and between Masses on the fourth Sunday of the month. Couples are required to attend a Baptismal preparation class (first Sunday of the month) prior to the Baptism of their first child. Please contact Brian McCauley (Office: 740.653.5054) to register for the class or to begin preparation to have your son or daughter baptized. If you were married outside of the Catholic Church or have been married, divorced and civilly remarried without a decree of nullity for your prior marriage, Fr. Eilerman or Dcn. Sullivan would be happy to meet with you about your marriage situation to see what can be done to regularize your marriage in the Church. Please speak with one of them about meeting to discuss this process by calling: 740.653.0997.
Requirements for Catholic Godparents are:
- Person must be at least 16 years of age
- Person must be a fully Initiated Catholic; that is, have received the sacrament of Baptism, Confirmation, and Communion
- Person must be an active and participating Catholic; attending Mass each week and holy days of obligation and participating in the sacramental life
- Person must actively strive to live out his/her commitment to Christ in the world
- Person cannot be the mother or father of the child to be baptized
- A non-Catholic may serve as a Christian Witness
Once all information has been collected and Catholic Godparent(/s) and Christian Witness (if any) Forms have been completed, signed, and returned, a baptism can be scheduled.
Director of Sacramental Preparations
740.653.5054 | Email