So whoever is in Christ is a new creation: The old things have passed away; behold, new things have come.
– 2 Cor 5:17
“How to Pray like Mary” by Sonja Corbitt
Fall 2019 – Women’s Group Book Study
Listen—and Respond—Like Mary at the Annunciation. Mary has been called the “mother of listening.” She didn’t just hear the Word; she pondered it in light of her own relationships and circumstances and then let it transform her.
Starting with Mary’s response to the Annunciation, Sonja Corbitt will show you how to pray with Scripture under the guidance of the Blessed Mother. You will learn a powerful practice for daily prayer as Mary models it: L–isten, O–bserve, V–erbalize, E–ntrust. Sonja Corbitt draws from vivid biblical texts to show you the key to loving Scripture and deepening your relationship with God.
- Develop a daily habit of life-changing prayer.
- Learn how to tell the difference between God’s voice and your own thoughts in prayer.
- Understand Mary as the mother of the Church and a model for individual Christians … and why this is so important.
- Rediscover the power in the early Church’s method of Scripture-based prayer.
- Discover how to hear the voice of God in Scripture, and so that reading Scripture becomes a joyful encounter with the one who loves you.
- Find peace and direction every day as you turn to God’s Word and discover him working in your heart and your life.
- Most importantly: You will know how to respond to God when you do hear him, just like the Blessed Mother!
Sessions are Thursday Evenings from 6.30 – 8.00 pm
9/12 9/19 9/26 10/3 10/17
Sunday Mass Schedule:
Saturday: 5:30 pm
Sunday: 8:45 am and 11:15 am
Daily Mass Schedule:
Monday & Wednesday: 7:00 am
Tuesday & Thursday: 9:00 am
Holy Day Schedule:
Masses: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, and 7:00 pm
Saturday: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Or by Appointment
Our Parish Bulletin