Magnificat has some wonderful offerings that might be helpful to parents with little ones to help them bring their children up in the practice of the faith through prayer and worship.
“My first prayers for the whole year” offers 29 prayers for toddlers for the morning and at bedtime, on ordinary days and on holy days, to help draw your family closer to God and to one another. It also includes well done illustrations.
“My Sunday Gospel Coloring Book” contains a detachable coloring page, simplified Gospel, and a suggestion for the week for each Sunday and feast day of the coming Liturgical Year. It helps children to follow the Gospel and through the coloring page and suggestion for the week, pique their interest in our faith. This might be nice to do together on Sunday morning before coming to Mass or to bring and read quietly together in church before Mass.
“A visit to our parish church” includes stories, crafts, and interviews help children understand the significance of all that surrounds them in the church building where they come to worship and encounter God in a very special way.
For older children, ages 6-12, Magnificat offers a subscription called “MagnifiKid”
The ideal spiritual guide for your children, perfectly adapted to their lives:
- to accompany them on the path of daily prayer;
- to help them develop and nourish their spiritual lives;
- to hand on to them our rich Christian spiritual values;
- to encourage them to participate fully in the life of the Church.
Every week, MagnifiKid offers:
- All the readings and the prayers of the Sunday Mass with explanations of the difficult words and the meaning of the rituals;
- A suggested prayer for Morning and Evening;
- Many suggestions on how to live the entire week with the Lord;
- Various games, a comic, and activities to help children learn about Christian life and culture;
- A page intended for the parents with suggestions for family prayers.